DR. ROBERT TRUE (EMERITUS)
Although Recently Retired, Dr. Robert True Was Named to The World's Top 25 Hair Transplant Surgeons List by Spex Hair in 2020, 2021 & 2022.
M.D., MPH, ABHRS, ABFP
MPH Fellow ISHRS, Diplomate ABHRS
ABOUT DR. ROBERT TRUE (EMERITUS)
Career And Experience Overview
Dr. True received his medical training from the most prestigious institutions in the world including Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, and McGill Faculty of Medicine.
After devoting his time to underserved peoples in the U.S., Africa, and Asia, he became interested in hair restoration surgery.
In 1991, Dr. True started his preceptorship under the direction of one of the world’s most recognized hair restoration doctors and shortly thereafter founded his patient centered practice in New York City where he has performed 20,000+ procedures on men, women, transgender, and patients of all ethnicities.
Over the past 30 years, Dr. True became globally recognized as an outstanding hair transplant surgeon and an important leader in the field of hair restoration. He was a former: president of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery; member of the Board of Governors of The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, and editor Emeritus of the Hair Transplant Forum International. Although retired, he is one of the most sought-after speakers and teachers on Hair Restoration Surgery around the globe.
More recently, Dr. True was awarded the Golden Follicle Award, which is bestowed annually to an ISHRS member who has made outstanding and significant clinical contributions related to the field of hair restoration surgery. And, in back-to-back-to-back years, Dr. True was named to the World’s Top 25 Hair Transplant Surgeons List by SpexHair.com in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- B.S., McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- M.D., McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Residency, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, Dept. of Internal Medicine
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois, Department of Family Practice
- Master of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Hospitals, Baltimore, Maryland
- Fellow, American Board of Family Practice
A renowned hair restoration surgeon serving Greater NYC, and other communities, Dr. Robert True held the following memberships:
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Advisory Council
- American Society of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Surgeons
- International Society of Dermatologic Surgeons
VIDEO: MEET DR. ROBERT TRUE (EMERITUS) Dr. True Shares His Insights
VIDEO: DR. TRUE & SPENCER STEVENSON DISCUSS:
Being A 2020, 2021 & 2022 World's Top 25 Hair Loss Surgeon
VIDEO: MEET DR. ROBERT TRUE & DR. ROBERT DORIN
Go Inside The Practice With The Doctors
TESTIMONIAL ON DR. ROBERT TRUE Message From Dr. Robert Dorin
"During my association with Dr. Robert True, he first altered my life for the better as my personal hair transplant surgeon, and then as a fine mentor who graciously imparted to me his vast experience of our medical art. He is a skilled physician, as well as, a gentleman and a scholar." Dr. Robert Dorin
WHY CHOOSE THE HAIR LOSS DOCTORS BY ROBERT J. DORIN? Reputation - Excellent Care - Exceptional Outcomes
Our mission is to provide an in-depth understanding of the latest advances in hair transplant surgery and medical hair loss treatments so that our patients are making the most informed decision possible. Achieving lasting and natural hair transplant results is the end goal of what we do. Although hair transplantation has evolved into a sophisticated procedure, the technology alone does not guarantee a satisfactory result. Dr. Dorin and the staff performing the procedure are critical in determine the aesthetic outcome. For common questions about the hair restoration process click here for our FAQ section.
We use the most advanced technology at our hair loss clinics in Greater NYC and Boston, MA. Dr. Robert J. Dorin utilizes the latest in follicular unit extraction technology to produce excellent coverage and natural, cosmetically pleasing hairlines. Each hairline is 100% transplanted with single hair follicular unit grafts, which are placed in high numbers into an artistic array of coronal and sagittal receptor sites. The combination of coronal, sagittal, and blended sagittal-coronal incisions creates the best possible combination of density and natural flow of hair direction. The attention to detail with regard to hairline shape and positioning is of the utmost importance and tantamount to an excellent result. For examples of these results please click here for before / after samples.
Patients often tell us that there were secondary reasons for selecting our practice:
- Our straightforward approach during the consultation appointment. Patients will often tell us their consultation with us was the most informative and factual one they had.
- No high-pressure sales tactics are ever employed and every prospective patient will see Dr. Dorin.
- Prospective patients are encouraged to utilize our open-door policy to meet actual patients and see our results for themselves.
- We conform to the highest standards of informed consent and consultation. For more information about what you should expect from any practice you consult with please click here for more information.
We routinely satisfy and fully endorse these criteria.
We invite you to schedule a personalized online or in-person consultation with Dr. Robert J. Dorin by calling 1-866-HAIR-MDS.