DR. ROBERT DORIN
Dr. Dorin And Dr. True Were Both Voted to The World's Top 25 Hair Loss Doctors List by SpexHair.com in 2020 & 2021
D.O. & ACOFP
Member IAHRS - Member ISHRS - Diplomate ABHRS
ABOUT DR. ROBERT DORIN
Career And Experience Overview
Dr. Dorin received his undergraduate and medical degree from Stony Brook University and New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, respectively.
During his residency he started to experience hair loss which led him to meet with Dr. True in his desire to find a hair loss solution.
Going through the successful hair restoration with Dr. True was the catalyst for Dr. Dorin to help others solve their personal hair loss problems. In 2002, the two doctors began working together and soon Dr. True recognized Dr. Dorin’s future as a bright star in the field of hair restoration surgery.
Subsequently, the world now recognizes Dr. Dorin for his expertise in the treatment of hair loss along with his attention to detail and design when performing state-of-the-art hair transplant procedures. Over the last 17-years, he has earned a global reputation for his ultra-refined FUE techniques where he personally performs every surgical facet. Additionally, he is well experienced in PRP Therapies and FUT as he is able to apply his skillset to deliver the most appropriate procedures for an individual’s needs.
In addition to now being the practice’s Medical Director and Owner, Dr. Dorin created Scientific Essentials, a premier hair care line that is formulated with natural ingredients backed by his years of experience and research in hair restoration.
And, in back-to-back years, Dr. Dorin was named to the World’s Top 25 Hair Transplant Surgeons List by SpexHair.com.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- B.S., Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York
- D.O., New York College of Osteopathic Medicine, Old Westbury, New York
- Traditional Rotating Internship, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York
- Residency, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, West Islip, New York, Department of Family Practice
Dr. Dorin is a trusted hair restoration surgeon at our practice, which is headquartered in Manhattan, NYC, and has offices throughout the New York metropolitan area and Boston, MA. He serves as an active member of the following:
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Board of Restoration Surgery
- International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
VIDEO: DR. ROBERT DORIN IN THE NEWS Meet Dr. Robert Dorin
PATIENT TESTIMONIAL ON DR. ROBERT DORIN "Incredibly Great!
"Dr. Dorin & his staff are incredibly great!!! I had an FUE procedure done with them, and no complaints everything went according to planned. Reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Dr. Dorin and his team! Thank you for the great work!" Italo M. - 5-Star Google Review
WHY CHOOSE THE HAIR LOSS DOCTORS AT TRUE & DORIN? Reputation - Excellent Care - Exceptional Outcomes
Our mission is to provide an in-depth understanding of the latest advances in hair transplant surgery and medical hair loss treatments so that our patients are making the most informed decision possible. Achieving lasting and natural hair transplant results is the end goal of what we do. Although hair transplantation has evolved into a sophisticated procedure, the technology alone does not guarantee a satisfactory result. The physician and staff performing the procedure are critical in determine the aesthetic outcome. For common questions about the hair restoration process click here for our FAQ section.
We use some of the most advanced technology in Manhattan and communities throughout NYC and Boston. Drs. True and Dorin utilize the latest in follicular unit extraction technology to produce excellent coverage and natural, cosmetically pleasing hairlines. Each hairline is 100% transplanted with single hair follicular unit grafts, which are placed in high numbers into an artistic array of coronal and sagittal receptor sites. The combination of coronal, sagittal, and blended sagittal-coronal incisions create the best possible combination of density and natural flow of hair direction. The attention to detail with regard to hairline shape and positioning is of the utmost importance and tantamount to an excellent result. For examples of these results please click here for before / after samples.
Patients often tell us that there were secondary reasons for selecting our practice:
- Our straightforward approach during the consultation appointment. Patients will often tell us their consultation with us was the most informative and factual one they had.
- No high-pressure sales tactics are ever employed and every prospective patient will see either Dr. True or Dr. Dorin.
- Prospective patients are encouraged to utilize our open door policy to meet actual patients and see our results for themselves.
- We conform to the highest standards of informed consent and consultation. For more information about what you should expect from any practice you consult with please click here for more information.
We routinely satisfy and fully endorse these criteria.
We invite you to schedule an in-depth consultation with Drs. True and Dorin at our practice serving Manhattan and communities throughout greater NYC and Boston or call 1-866-HAIR-MDS.
TESTIMONIAL ON DR. ROBERT DORIN Message From Dr. Robert True
"I have trained and worked with many doctors throughout my career. Dr. Dorin is the best of all. He draws from his own experiences in authentically caring for each of his patients. He is a thoughtful, skilled and artistic physician. I consider him one of the outstanding young doctors in the field of hair restoration, and I am proud to have him as my partner." Dr. Robert True
VIDEO: PATIENT TESTIMONIAL Why Did David Choose The Hair Loss Doctors℠ at TRUE & DORIN?
In this hair transplant patient testimonial, David talks about the reasons he chose TRUE & DORIN: our advanced process, friendly staff, and the natural-looking results we deliver. He had 2100 grafts performed in one day, without pain.
PHOTOS: BEFORE / AFTER RESULTS Procedure Results
MORE ABOUT DR. ROBERT DORIN Co-Founder: Scientific Essentials Hair Care Products
VIDEOS: GET EXPERT INPUT FROM DR. DORIN Interviews with Dr. Robert Dorin
- What inspired you to become a doctor?
- What inspired you to become a hair transplant specialist?
- What excites you about hair restoration?
- What are the difficult aspects of your practice?
- How do you plan treatment?
- What tools are at your disposal?
- Share your own experience with hair loss and treatment.
- How did you feel after your hair transplant treatment?
- What is your philosophy of patient care?
- What results can patients expect?
- Patient Story: How a hair transplant helped one patient improve his marriage.
- What makes TRUE & DORIN stand out?
- How to select a hair transplant surgeon